Ella Bat-Tsion
Dolls go crazy
Dolls go crazy
On a chair
In the nude
Hair within hair
Of animal
Stage Setting for a dream
Stage Setting
Of animals
In the hair
In the nude
On a chair
Dolls go crazy
-Gabriella Elisha/Ella Bat-Tsion-
Verbal Respiration, 1980
""""""""""""
The thighs’ pulse weakens.
The heart’s pulse relaxes
(a gallop in slow movement)
Fingers
A staccato of words
Between two bodies.
-Gabriella Elisha/Ella Bat-Tsion-
Another Music, 1983
"""""""""""""
Music is prayer. There’s no disagreement.
Humans pray to God
For timely rain, timely sun, comradely and love
But let there be silence, please, the creating silence.
-Gabriella Elisha/Ella Bat-Tsion-
A Different Music, 1983
""""""""""""""""
The Name of My Girlfriend
On about the ten thousandth night
I go to bed
These last few nights smoke creates images for me
Which suddenly pass
In the glare of the flashlight I cannot see
Anything that should not have been here
I illuminate the page to write down a few words
It’s fitting that I write The Name
Of my girlfriend
It’s fitting that I close my eyes.
-Gabriella Elisha/Ella Bat-Tsion-
Inspiration, 1987
Runot hebreasta englanniksi kääntänyt Ofer Shorr.
Fingers
A staccato of words
Between two bodies.
Music is prayer. There’s no disagreement.
Humans pray to God
---
Dolls go crazy
On a chair
In the nude
Hair within hair
Of animal
Stage Setting for a dream
Stage Setting
Of animals
In the hair
In the nude
On a chair
Dolls go crazy
-Gabriella Elisha/Ella Bat-Tsion-
Verbal Respiration, 1980
""""""""""""
The thighs’ pulse weakens.
The heart’s pulse relaxes
(a gallop in slow movement)
Fingers
A staccato of words
Between two bodies.
-Gabriella Elisha/Ella Bat-Tsion-
Another Music, 1983
"""""""""""""
Music is prayer. There’s no disagreement.
Humans pray to God
For timely rain, timely sun, comradely and love
But let there be silence, please, the creating silence.
-Gabriella Elisha/Ella Bat-Tsion-
A Different Music, 1983
""""""""""""""""
The Name of My Girlfriend
On about the ten thousandth night
I go to bed
These last few nights smoke creates images for me
Which suddenly pass
In the glare of the flashlight I cannot see
Anything that should not have been here
I illuminate the page to write down a few words
It’s fitting that I write The Name
Of my girlfriend
It’s fitting that I close my eyes.
-Gabriella Elisha/Ella Bat-Tsion-
Inspiration, 1987
Runot hebreasta englanniksi kääntänyt Ofer Shorr.
Israelilainen Gabriella Elisha (s.1954) julkaisi 1970- ja 1980-luvuilla viidessä runokirjassaan runoja, joissa hän käsitteli toiseuttaan ja vierauttaan juutalaisessa yhteisössä ja kulttuurissa naista rakastavana naisena.
1990-luvulla hän muutti nimensä Ella Bat-Tsioniksi. Ja, jatkoi erikoislaatuista runoiluaan :)
Fingers
A staccato of words
Between two bodies.
Music is prayer. There’s no disagreement.
Humans pray to God
---

2 Comments:
"Music is prayer. There’s no disagreement.
Humans pray to God"
"You cannot petition the lord with prayer!"
The Doors (Jim Morrison?)
"When I was back there in seminary school
There was a person there
Who put forth the proposition
That you can petition the Lord with prayer
Petition the lord with prayer
Petition the lord with prayer
You cannot petition the lord with prayer!"
Se on aika rankka biisi...
Lähetä kommentti
<< Home